Our surgical referral service is provided by a talented team of professional vets and nurses, led by a board-certified Specialist in equine surgery, a European Veterinary Specialist in Equine Surgery, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons registered Specialist in Equine Surgery and a member of the British College of Veterinary Specialists. Services available include:
- 24/7/365 emergency referral service for colic surgery
- Emergency traumatology, including major wound repairs and infected joints, fracture repair
- Orthopaedic surgery such as chip removal, arthroscopy, tenoscopy, bone cysts, kissing spine surgery, suspensory surgery (neurectomy and fasciotomy), foot surgery (e.g. keratoma, osteitis, quittor)
- Foal surgery, including laparoscopic ruptured bladder repair, umbilical resection, hernia repairs and angular limb deformity correction
- Airway surgery by standing laser and under general anaesthesia, where appropriate, including Hobday’s procedure, neuromuscular pedicle grafting (laryngeal re-innervation surgery), palate firing, tie-backs, tie-forwards.
- General soft tissue surgery, including castration, dental extractions and sinus surgery, keyhole (laparoscopic) rig castration, ovary removal, investigation of recurrent colic cases, removal of tumours including sarcoids.
If your surgery isn’t listed above, chances are we’ve done it and/or have experience to advise, so get in touch. Most routine procedures also have fixed price procedure fees, typically saving 10 – 15 % over normal ‘a la carte’ fees in return for payment at the time. Registered first opinion clients have full access; second opinion clients should seek referral from their home vet. If you aren’t sure please enquire about this when you call to book.